Steps involved on Shirodhara
- Before the procedure starts, your head and scalp will be thoroughly massaged with plenty of oil for about five to ten minutes.
- You will be required to lie on your back on the massage table in the supine position.
- A small pillow or towel will be placed under your neck for support.
- The Shirodhara pot or equipment will be placed over you in such a way that the herbal oil from the pot falls right over your forehead.
- The pot will then be filled with the herbal oil you want to use and slowly poured over your forehead. The therapist ensures that the oil pours out of the Shirodhara pot in continuous motion.
- Now the pot is oscillated to pour the oil from one side of the forehead to the other.
- The extra oil that has dripped down from the forehead can be recollected, reheated to the optimum temperature, and can be put back in the pot to repeat the process.
- The procedure can last for somewhere around 20 to 30 minutes.
- During the process, you will also be given a light head massage.
- After the Shirodhara massage, the oil will be wiped off from your head following which you will be relaxing for about 30 to 60 minutes. This will allow the oil to seep deep into your scalp.
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Apasmar (Epilepsy)
- Anxiety disorders
- Mental exhaustion
- Phobia, depression and
A typical Shirodhara session would last 30 to 60 minutes and is done for 3, 7, 14, or 28 days. The duration of a session may vary.